Monday, April 20, 2009

Should I put some type of leather lotion or protector on my new boots?

I just bought a pair of Nine West boots, they are all black smooth leather upper. I was wondering should I put some leather protector or leather lotion on them? I do not plan on wearing them a lot, and I want them to last so I can use them throughout the year into next winter.

Should I put some type of leather lotion or protector on my new boots?
When new you have all the moisture content needed and by stating %26quot;smooth%26quot; I%26#039;m guessing a surface finish. This is the protection your leather needs- as long as the finish is cared for you dont need to do anything other than condition the leather with a high quality product such as lexol. keep the boots stuffed when not using to keep their shape, wipe off any water or dirt as soon as you can. Mink oil as a component of a conditioner is fine- pure mink oil is not designed for this type of leather and will ruin it, as will saddle soap.


Hope this helps


David
Reply:I use mink oil on mine, get it at most shoe stores.



books b

No comments:

Post a Comment