Friday, July 31, 2009

HELP! My boots were found in a puddle of water! What do I do?

I decided to clean up my shoe area and found a pair of nice leather boots soaking in a puddle of water! They have probably been in the water for quite some time now!





What should I do? Just let them dry out? Or should I put something on them before I let them dry? Will the leather get all wrinkly now?

HELP! My boots were found in a puddle of water! What do I do?
I don't know. But whenever you have damp or wet shoes and you don't think they'll be dry by morning; place them lying down in front of the refrigerator below the door. The heat coming out of the exhaust will dry them by morning.
Reply:Since they are already soaked, I'd wash them out the rest of the way, in case there is mold/mildew. Then stuff them with newspaper and pt them in a warm area, but not on a vent. Direct heat will cause the leather to dry out and crack. You will want to treat them with mink oil or something to moisturize them. i use silicone on my boots, but they are riding boots and supposed to be waterproof. Whatever you use will likely darken the leather.





If these are expensive boots, I'd take them to a leather cleaner.



acne care

No comments:

Post a Comment