Saturday, July 25, 2009

I'm showing on NIHJA and i was wondering if you need field boots or if paddocks and leather half chaps are OK?

i have to get custom boots if i get any my legs are 21'' in height and 14 1/4'' around im a size 8 1/2 too. i cant find a brand other than a custom company that carries a size like that. So if i am allowed to show in my boots and chaps im going to. Thanks

I'm showing on NIHJA and i was wondering if you need field boots or if paddocks and leather half chaps are OK?
I would definitely invest in a pair of boots. If you're serious about showing, they're a must. You would probably be the only one showing in adult classes (judging from your height and shoe size) without them. I also ride IHSA, and only those in walk/trot divisions wear half chaps. Though they may be acceptable under the rule book, remember that the judge observes overall appearance (especially with hunters) and may write you off in the beginning without field boots. I'd check the size charts of the top brands and see if there are any that fit (tall slims are probably your best bet). Even if the calf is a little too wide, that's better because you can wear thicker socks in the winter, no one can tell that it's too wide, and if you run/your calves get bigger, you have room. Good luck!
Reply:Hi! In all organizations that I familiar wtih (not NIHJA, but AQHA, 4H, Pony Club, etc) here is the answer...Yes you can wear your paddock boots and half chaps. In the classes where it's judged on the horse and the overall prettiness (i.e. hunter under saddle) you might not be quite as successful if it's a big show with lots of nice horses. In equitation classes (judged on your ride) it should have very minimal effect. I'm not sure when your first show is, but I would work on getting regular field boots in the near future. You can find a local seamstress and have her put in a zipper and elastic for very cheap (the ones in MN usually charge like $15). Hope that helps!





I just checked your rulebook and it says that you follow USEF rules - so yes you can wear half chaps...but again, if you want to be taken super seriously and want to win the big classes I'd invest in field boots.



acne care

No comments:

Post a Comment